Patient Participation Group (PPG) – Fairfield Surgery
All patients of Fairfield Surgery are potential members of the Patient Participation Group (PPG). All patients are invited to join the Virtual PPG by providing their email address so that they can be sent any health information relevant to our Fairfield patient group.
The PPG committee represents all the Fairfield patients and is made up of up to 12 members. They work in partnership with practice staff and GPs. This partnership between patients and their practice is essential to achieving high quality and responsive care. The committee meets every 2 months and the minutes are published on the Fairfield website http://www.fairfieldsurgery.co.uk
What is a Patient Participation Group?
A patient participation group is a selection of patients and practice staff who meet at regular intervals to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to the patients.
What is the purpose of a Patient Participation Group?
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their Practice.
- To provide the means for patients to make positive suggestions about the Practice and their own healthcare.
- To encourage health education activities within the Practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of Health and Social Care.
- To involve further patients from the wider population.