Road Closures and Train Travel.
We have been made aware of some local road closures and train travel disruption that might affect your ttravel arrangements in the next couple of weeks.
Replacement Bus Service due to Landslip between Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
We have been informed that the current arrangements by Network Rail/Southeastern to run a replacement bus service between Tunbridge Wells & Tonbridge will continue until the line can be re-opened hopefully on Saturday 20th February.
The extent of work required has proved greater than at first realised:
- There are 3 landslip sites covering 120m of the cutting at this location.
- They need to clear c.5000-6000 tonnes of material and to regrade the slope entirely.
- This will be done using long reach excavators from the top of the cutting.
- Given the sheer volume of material that needs to be cleared and for the majority to be removed by road, this adds additional time to the programme.
- There is also the challenge of the poor weather forecast but this has been factored in to the programme.
Any questions to:
Greg Thompson, Network Rail Southern Region: https://www.
Temporary Road Closure – Wardsbrook Road, Ticehurst.
Work will start on Monday 15th February 2021 with the road closed between Sheepstreet Lane and Church Street from 9am to 4pm and continue for 5 days.
We have been advised that there will be drainage works on Wardsbrook Road, Ticehurst. The work will involve investigating a local flooding issue, carrying out a CCTV survey and ensuring that the drainage is clear and working correctly.
Warning signs and diversions will be in place.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE – FYSIE LANE, – 1/3/2021 TO 26/3/2021
Highway Assurance Ltd(on behalf of UK Power Networks) on 07557 845355